DevSecOps: Security at the Speed of DevOps
Tuesday, September 26, 2017 10:00 am to 3:00 pm – Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center
Securing information at the speed of DevOps is a Darwinian imperative for enterprises large and small. But the art is early and the going is rough. The DevSecOps challenge sends today’s security practitioners racing down uncharted paths that are mined with obstacles. Fighting long-held perceptions of security as an ankle-weight to agility, these professionals come to the development arena dragging tools forged for use in the dying era of waterfall development.
Developers aren’t welcoming and executives aren’t funding. But DevSecOps is moving forward with spectacular results in forward-thinking organizations.
If you’re looking for practical, proven, and evolving ways to accelerate the move toward DevSecOps and Rugged, this symposium is for you.
Led by security innovator and practitioner Shannon Lietz, this edgy, interactive 5-hour event is designed to give you practical DevSecOps guidance based on real world experiences. It combines presentation, discussion, and peer conversation in an environment that is both fast-paced and casual.
- DevSecOps on the Rugged trajectory
- Benefits enjoyed by organizations that deliver secure products
- The maturity model – understanding where you are and what comes next
- Needle movers – what makes the biggest impact fastest
- Where you can and can’t cut corners
- KPIs and metrics you can use to measure success
- Team and organizational structures – skillsets required
- Vendor framework for understanding the vendor landscape and eco-system
- Interesting things you can do with existing products now
- Short list of process, procedures, and toolsets
- Getting the feedback loop right
- Wisdom from the trenches – lessons learned by practitioners at the world’s largest companies
Participants will leave with a clear path for developing a DevSecOps capability and culture – from understanding the vendor landscape in selecting and using tools to effectively navigating organizational realities. You’ll also leave with new and renewed peer contacts in your area. Our hope is that this Symposium’s value brings IANS to mind when participants face InfoSec opportunities and challenges in the future.
This Symposium is designed for CISOs and progressive information security practitioners. It will also be eye-opening for executives, decision makers, and pros from the developer side of the aisle. The topics will be accessible to relative newcomers but useful to those who are already well on their way to implementing DevSecOps
This event is for IANS clients and invited guests — there is no vendor sponsorship or presence.