Maturing SecOps: Use Cases and Hunting
Thursday, December 7, 2017, 10:00am to 3:00pm at Courtyard San Francisco Downtown
Effectiveness in the shape-shifting universe of cyber threats calls for Security Operations to be dynamic, creative, and constantly improving. Reality too often finds the SecOps warrior knee deep in reports, fighting outdated objectives with under-powered toolsets. Management is equally frustrated by the lack of value received from investments in detection tools and programs once the consultants decamp. No one but would-be attackers benefit from stalled or plateaued efforts.
Successful SecOps is possible – but only when it’s in a constant state of improvement.
If you’re looking for practical, on-going ways to mature your SecOps through field-proven use-cases and hunting, this symposium is for you.
Led by security operations innovator and practitioner Rocky DeStefano, this interactive 5-hour event is designed to give you practical ways to mature the effectiveness of your SecOps. It combines presentation, discussion, and peer conversation in an environment that is both fast-paced and casual.
- SecOps trends and challenges
- Successful use cases: what are they and what makes them successful
- SecOps maturity model – understanding where you are and what comes next
- Develop a framework for continual improvement and confidence in your detection
- How to get value from existing toolsets
- Leverage analytic techniques using tools; capturing the right analytics
- Balance of visibility, analytics, and process
- How to articulate the value proposition to drive actions and secure resources
- How to attract, encourage, and retain security analyst talent
- Wisdom from the trenches – lessons learned by practitioners at the world’s largest companies
You will leave with a clear path for improving SecOps effectiveness in your organization. Beginning with an objective understanding of where your SecOps maturity level ranks relative to your peers, you will get actionable tools and references to get to the next step. You’ll also leave with new and renewed peer contacts in your area. Our hope is that this Symposium’s value brings IANS to mind when participants face InfoSec opportunities and challenges in the future.
This Symposium is designed for SecOps practitioners and leaders. Practical by design, it will provide a framework for understanding as well as action. So, it will also be useful for CISOs and decision makers funding information security.
This event is for IANS clients and invited guests — there is no vendor sponsorship or presence.