IAM Strategies that Work: Vendor-Agnostic “How-To” Guidance
Wednesday, August 15, 2018, 10:00am to 3:00pm at Sheraton Raleigh Hotel
Facing the cloud and its mobile constituency, investments in end-point protection and next generation firewalls are powerless. In these environments, it is identity that stands between information assets and a world of possible threats. Yet few organizations have prioritized the development of a practical strategy for the planning, execution, operation, and governance of Identity and Access Management (IAM). This under-investment creates an identity debt that will increasingly be paid with inefficiencies and incidents.
But throwing money at the identity problem won’t help without a well-thought-out strategy. It takes a concerted, multi-disciplinary approach to comprehend the many technologies, policies, and processes to create, define, and govern identity and access management – not only today, but across long-term innovation and operation.
If you’re looking for practical approaches to developing an IAM strategy that is effective today and sustainable over the long haul, this symposium is for you.
Led by security innovator and practitioner Aaron Turner, this interactive 5-hour event is designed to give you immediately useful, vendor-agnostic guidance. It combines presentation, discussion, and peer conversation in an environment that is both fast-paced and casual
- Scoping the IAM challenge
- Building a compelling identity business case for establishing holistic Identity Governance
- Securing the resources (technology, processes, and policies)
- Identity correlation; privileged account management; federated identities
- How to deconstruct outdated IAM processes and technologies
- Moving to OAuth and OIDC from Kerberos and other legacy technologies
- External influences on IAM strategies (GDPR, PCI, etc.)
- Bridging the difference between short-term and long-haul requirements
- Delivering near-term value while building towards your long-term strategy
- How to make training investments to build the best IAM team you can
Participants will leave with a clear understanding of sustainable IAM strategy including how to build the business case, secure the resources, and execute with effective governance. Success cases will be shared to help attendees build a roadmap to address deficiencies in IAM programs, whether they be technological, procedural, or human. You’ll also leave with new and renewed peer contacts in your area
This Symposium is designed for security architects, senior security pros, CISOs and their lieutenants – anyone responsible for building IAM plans. The topics will be accessible to relative newcomers but will be most useful to those who are already well on their way to surfacing and addressing the challenges.
This event is for IANS clients and invited guests — there is no vendor sponsorship or presence.