Aaron Turner is the VP of SSPM at Vectra AI. This followed the acquisition of Siriux Security, a SaaS posture management company which he founded and served as CEO. He is also a member of the board and security advisor to HighSide and CTO of Integricell. Aaron is a long-serving member of the RSA Conference Program Committee, helping select educational content presented at the annual RSA Conference.
- Identity & Access Management (IAM)
- Applied Machine Learning
- Mobile Device Security
- Embedded System Vulnerabilities
- International Cybersecurity Risk Management
Achievements & Contributions
- Congressional witness to help set policy for US critical infrastructure protection
- Winner of SC Media's 2019 Top Executive Leaders of the Last 30 Years award
- Information security leader for the Government of Luxemborg’s Technoport® business incubation program
- Testified before the US House of Representatives to help shape national critical infrastructure protection strategy in 2007
- Interviewed for NBC Washington News and AP News on cellular network vulnerabilities
- VP of Security Research and Development at Verifone after 2015 Terreo acquisition
- Former Co-Founder and CEO of Terreo, an IoT security company focused on credit card skimming detection
- Former Co-Founder and CEO of RFinity, a mobile payment technology company that was eventually sold to a global mobile network operator in 2010
- Former Security Strategist at the Department of Energy’s Idaho National Laboratory investigating the impact of system vulnerabilities in commodity software on public utilities funded by the DHS, DOE, and DOD. He was on the team which conducted the ‘Aurora’ attack against a simulated power grid.
- Founding Member of many Microsoft information security teams (1999-2006) and coordinated field security testing of Microsoft technologies such as Active Directory, SQL Server, Exchange Server, BitLocker, Windows Update, and Windows Firewall.
- Recognized by Bill Gates for technical excellence and leadership during security incidents involving Microsoft technologies in 2000 and 2003
Certifications & Credentials
- JD Candidate – Dedman School of Law, Southern Methodist University
- BA, Spanish Linguistics – Brigham Young University