Adam is a leading expert on threat modeling, and a consultant, expert witness, author and game designer. He has decades of experience delivering security. His experience ranges across the business world from founding startups to nearly a decade at Microsoft.
Beyond consulting and training, Shostack serves as an advisor to a variety of companies and academic institutions, and as an Affiliate Professor at the Paul G. Allen School of Computer Science and Engineering at the University of Washington.
- Threat Modeling
- Risk Management
- Secure development
Achievements & Contributions
- Helped create the CVE. Now an Emeritus member of the Advisory Board.
- Fixing Autorun for hundreds of millions of systems
- Lead the design and delivery of the Microsoft SDL Threat Modeling Tool (v3)
- Created the Elevation of Privilege threat modeling game
- Wrote Threat Modeling: Designing for Security
- Co-authored The New School of Information Security