Allison Miller is an internationally regarded industry expert and innovator in cybersecurity, fraud/anti-abuse, and payments technology, having spent the past 20 years scaling teams and technology that protect people and platforms. She has led major initiatives to engineer the defenses for core payment and e-commerce systems and deliver capabilities into key technologies that protect consumers from online threats, pioneering the development of real-time risk prevention and detection systems running at internet-scale. As an independent consultant and advisor, she works with CEOs, CISOs, and technical teams to hone their product and go-to-market strategies, scale operations effectively, and improve performance.
- Anti-abuse and Trust Engineering and Operations
- E-commerce and payments integrations (including fraud management)
- Cybersecurity Technology Strategy, Architecture, and Engineering
- Security Strategy and Leadership Development
- Executive & Board Communication
- Product Security, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
Achievements & Contributions
- Board service, including former Keypoint Credit Union board member and former trustee for the Center for Cyber Safety and Education
- Industry group/non-profit board service, including former board memberships with (ISC)2 and SIRA
- Conference/event leadership, including co-chair O'Reilly Security Conference, review board for the Black Hat Briefings (USA) and CISO Summit, and former review board, BSides Las Vegas
- SC Magazine IT Security “Power Player”
- International speaker including RSA, Black Hat Briefings, SecTor, LocoMocoSec, AppSec Europe, BSides, SIRAcon, SOURCE (Boston, Seattle, Barcelona), Wired Security UK, security and risk themed podcasts, articles, as well as corporate, government and academic events.
- Allison holds multiple patents in the area of cybersecurity and fraud detection/prevention
Certifications & Credentials
- MBA, University of California at Berkeley’s Haas School of Business
- MS in Network Security from Capitol College
- BS in Economics (triple concentration in Information Systems, Finance, and Legal Studies) from the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School of Business
- Graduate studies in Applied Economics at Johns Hopkins University
- ISC(2) CISSP
Hobbies & Fun Facts
Allison is a part-time yoga instructor and artist focusing on mixed media and book art.