AJ is the CISO for Hunter Strategy where he leads their Cyber Security consulting practice advising clients in public, private, and government spaces. His core skills include cyber security leadership, security architecture, third-party vendor risk management,
program management, and general governance practices.
Prior to his current role, AJ has developed information security programs from the ground up leading extensive cybersecurity teams in support of globally distributed companies. AJ actively seeks opportunities to add value to organizations and measurably increase their overall security posture. As an active member in the information security community AJ is a member of ISSA, Infragard, and a regular at local events such as SecDSM and SecKC.
- Identity & Access Management (IAM)
- Applied Machine Learning
- Mobile Device Security
- Embedded System Vulnerabilities
- International Cybersecurity Risk Management
Achievements & Contributions
- Former Board Member of the Des Moines chapter of ISSA
- Former CISO at Breachquest, a Digital Forensice & Incident Response provider
- Quoted in Dark Reading, Security Magazine, and Security Boulevar
Certifications & Credentials
- BS in Information Security from the University of Phoenix
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) – ISACA
- GIAC Strategy Planning, Policy, and Leadership (GSTRT) - SANS