Dr. Anton Chuvakin is now involved with security solution strategy at Google Cloud, where he arrived via Chronicle Security (an Alphabet company) acquisition in July 2019.
Anton was, until recently, a Research Vice President and Distinguished Analyst at Gartner for Technical Professionals (GTP) Security and Risk Management Strategies team. Anton is a recognized security expert in the field of log management, SIEM and PCI DSS compliance. Anton has published dozens of papers on log management, SIEM, correlation, security data analysis, PCI DSS, security management.
In addition, Anton teaches classes and presents at many security conferences across the world; he addressed audiences in United States, UK, Australia, Singapore, Spain, Russia and other countries. He works on emerging security standards and serves on advisory boards of several security start-ups. Before that, Anton was running his own security consulting practice, focusing on logging, SIEM and PCI DSS compliance for security vendors and Fortune 500 organizations. Dr. Anton Chuvakin was formerly a Director of PCI Compliance Solutions at Qualys. Previously, Anton worked at LogLogic as a Chief Logging Evangelist, tasked with educating the world about the importance of logging for security, compliance and operations.
- SIEM / Security Analytics
- EDR, SOC, MSSP / MDR
- Vulnerability Management
- Threat Detection and Response
Achievements & Contributions
- Author of books "Security Warrior", "Logging and Log Management: The Authoritative Guide to Understanding the Concepts Surrounding Logging and Log Management" and "PCI Compliance, Third Edition: Understand and Implement Effective PCI Data Security Standard Compliance" (book website)
- Contributor to "Know Your Enemy II", "Information Security Management Handbook" and other books.
- "Security Warrior" Blog
Certifications & Credentials
- Ph.D. in Physics, SUNY at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY