Chris is a Principal Consulting Engineer at BitSight Technologies, an information security risk management company that created the security ratings platform market. He has 35 years in information security and served in a variety of technical and management roles ranging from a programmer for the US intelligence community to founder and CEO of his own consultancy. Chris’s experience has spanned many industries working in organizations as large as IBM in addition to small startups. Although he spent almost a decade building the IoT security practice at IBM and running an Industrial Control and automotive security practice at Booz Allen, his current focus has shifted to enterprise risk. Bringing his broad experience in information security, Chris also serves as a mentor and advisor to science and technology organizations.
- Internet of Things (IoT) & Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security
- Physical Security Design & Management
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) operationalization
- Threat Intelligence & Data Science
Achievements & Contributions
- Speaker at information security conferences and private events
- Contributing engineer to IBM’s Cyber Watson prototype
- Former Principal and Director of IoT at Booz Allen Hamilton
- Former Security Research Strategist (X-Force) at IBM
- Former CSO at Q1 Labs (IBM Security)
- Former Owner, Founder, & CEO of FireTower, Inc., a boutique information security consultancy
Hobbies & Fun Facts
In his free time, Chris is making or breaking new technology, hiking, rock climbing, or appreciating fine wine and craft brews. Having grown up in India and Africa, as a son of an international economist, Chris speaks French and enjoys traveling—especially to tropical locales.