David is Managing Partner and Co-Founder of Holding Ground Decision Intelligence LLC. Holding Ground is a boutique firm that provides technology assessment and advisory services to C-level executives and Boards. David was a pioneer in the information security field, was CISO for two large financial services and several smaller companies. David also has had executive technology positions outside of security including CTO, COO, and Chief Architect for global companies. David regularly advises senior corporate leaders on the business issues of security and technology.
- Security program definition
- Security program effectiveness
- Evaluating impact from new business initiatives or technologies
- Executive management
- Managing change (business, organization, technology)
Achievements & Contributions
- One of the first CISOs and Privacy Officers in Financial Services
- Early adopter of MSSP, threat intelligence, and other security services
- Chair of the Security Leadership Fund CyberSecurity Advisory Board
- Computerworld Premier 100 IT Leader
Certifications & Credentials
BA and MS in Computer Science from Rutgers University
Hobbies & Fun Facts
Underwater and nature photography, travel, cooking, practicing Emergency Medical Technician.