As Sumo Logic's CSO and SVP of IT, George Gerchow brings over 20 years of information technology and systems management expertise to the application of IT processes and disciplines. His background includes the security, compliance, and cloud computing disciplines. Mr. Gerchow has years of practical experience in building agile security, compliance and, IT teams in rapid development organizations. These insights make him a highly regarded speaker, and invited panelist on topics including, cloud secure architecture design, compliance and operational security. George has been on the bleeding edge of public cloud security, privacy and modernizing IT systems since being a co-founder of the VMware Center for Policy & Compliance. He is a Faculty Member for IANS - Institute of Applied Network Security and sits on several industry advisory boards. Mr. Gerchow is also a known philanthropist and CEO of a nonprofit corporation, XFoundation.
- Cloud Security
- Compliance & Governance (PCI, HIPAA, ISO 27001, CSA Star, SOC 2 Type 2, FedRamp)
- Management (Building teams, automation, auditing)
Achievements & Contributions
- Co-Founder of VMware Center for Policy and Compliance
- Co-Author of Center for Internet Security QuickStart Cloud Infrastructure Benchmark v1.0.0
- Author of the MIS|TI Fundamentals in Cloud Security course
- Speaker at information security conferences such as RSA, AWS reInvent, Cloud Expo Silicon Valley, SANS Institute Cloud Security Summit
- Former Global Director of Security Evangelism and Product Strategy and Director of VMware Policy and Compliance at VMware
- Former Cloud Business Director at EMC
Hobbies & Fun Facts
George’s first language is Spanish. He is an avid snowboarder, golfer, and yogi who is always looking for the best sandwich and IPA in any city that he visits.