Ian is the Co-Founder and CEO of Gomboc.ai who are providing cloud infrastructure security solutions. Before Gomboc.ai, Ian held senior leadership positions with Rapid7, Cimpress, Amazon, ZeroFOX, IOActive and has over 25 years of experience in the security industry as a practitioner. Ian is also the co-founder of DC9723 - the Tel Aviv DEFCON group-and serves as a BSides Las Vegas board member. He is also the creator and co-CEO of The CISO Track - a series of CISO centric curated events.
- Risk Management (quantitative specifically)
- Security Metrics
- Executive & Board Communication
- Security Policies & Strategy
- Team Structure & Management
- Red Teaming and Adversarial Simulations
Achievements & Contributions
- 2019 FAIR Business Innovator Award
- Guest appearances of Fox Business, and other news outlets
- Featured speaker and keynote at leading security conferences (BlackHat, DEFCON, BSides, RSA Conference, BlueHat, and more)
- Founding member of "Penetration Testing Execution Standard (PTES)" - the industry-leading methodology and guidelines for penetration testing.
Certifications & Credentials
- BA in Computer Science and Business Administration from the Interdisciplinary Center, Herzliya (IDC).
- Certified FAIR Analyst (2010)
Hobbies & Fun Facts
Holds a private pilot license, enjoys racing, running, weightlifting, and being a foodie.