Ismael Valenzuela is coauthor of the Cyber Defense and Blue Team Operations course, SANS SEC530: Defensible Security Architecture and Engineering. Ismael is Vice President Threat Research & Intelligence at BlackBerry Cylance, where he leads threat
research, intelligence, and defensive innovation. Ismael Valenzuela has participated as a security professional in numerous projects across the globe for over 20+ years, which included being the founder of one of the first IT Security consultancies
As a top cybersecurity expert with a strong technical background and deep knowledge of penetration testing, security architectures, intrusion detection, and computer forensics, Ismael has provided security consultancy, advice, and guidance to large government and private organizations, including major EU Institutions and US Government Agencies.
- Security Operations
- Security Architectures
- Purple Teaming
- Intrusion Detection and Response
- Threat Modeling
Achievements & Contributions
- 22 yrs. blending highly technical skills with business acumen.
- Recognized as industry leader by public and private organizations.
- Regular advisor to top 50 Fortune companies worldwide.
- Top-rated author & instructor for SANS, reaching over 165,000 professionals globally.
- 60+ publications & talks published in the last 4 years.
- Author of rastrea2r tool presented at BlackHat USA in ‘16 & ‘18.
- 15 active certifications, including highly prestigious GSE #132.
- Featured in best selling book ‘Tribe of Hackers: BlueTeam edition.
Certifications & Credentials
- CISM, CISSP, GSE, GCIH, GCIA, GPEN, GCUX, GCWN, GCFA, GMON, GREM, GSNA, GWAPT
- ITIL Service Management Foundation Certification
- IRCA ISO 270001 Lead Auditor, Bureau Veritas UK