Mike is the Chief Strategy Officer and GM of Techstrong. Formerly Mike served as President of Securosis, an information security research and advisory firm, as well as Co-Founder and President of DisruptOps, a cloud detection and response company. His breadth of experience in the information security space and bold perspectives are invaluable as companies determine effective strategies to grapple with the dynamic security threatscape. Mike started practicing and advising on security topics over 25 years ago, and he’s been trying to get out of the business ever since…to no avail.
- Cloud Security Practices & Maturity
- Security Program Building & Management
- Security Monitoring & SIEM
- Security Automation & SOAR
- Email & Web Security
Achievements & Contributions
- Author of The Pragmatic CSO, which details how technical security practitioners can thrive as a CISO
- Spearheaded META Group’s initial foray into information security research
- Founded and acted as President of Security Incite, an information security analyst firm
- Founded SHYM Technology, a pioneer in the PKI software market
- Held Marketing and Strategy positions at CipherTrust, TruSecure, and eIQ Networks
Certifications & Credentials
- BS, Operations Research and Industrial Engineering – Cornell University
Hobbies & Fun Facts
Mike has been to 23 of the past 24 RSA Conferences. Of the 1000+ talks Mike has given over the years, he is most proud of the mindfulness talk he gave at RSA in 2014 (Google "Rothman RSA Neurohacking”).