Raffy is VP of Research and Intelligence at Forcepoint where he leads Forcepoint X-Labs, a specialized group dedicated to behavior-based security research and development of predictive intelligence to Forcepoint's human-centric product portfolio. Bringing more than 20 years of cybersecurity experience across engineering, analytics, research, and strategy, Raffy is one of the industry's most respected authorities on security data analytics, big data, and visualization. As such, he serves as an advisor to many technology startups. He is the author of Applied Security Visualization and is a frequent speaker at global academic and industry events. Additionally, Raffy has held key roles at IBM Research, ArcSight, and Splunk.
- Big Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Log Management
- Security Architecture
Achievements & Contributions
- Author of Applied Security Visualization (2008)
- Frequent speaker at global academic and industry events
- Former VP of Security Analytics at Sophos, a leading endpoint and network security company
- Former Founder of Pixicloud, a visual analytics platform
- Former Founder of Loggly, a cloud-based log management solution
Certifications & Credentials
- MS, Computer Science - ETH Zurich
Hobbies & Fun Facts
In his free time, Raffy practices Japanese traditional Zen Buddhism through Kōan study and meditation.