Rich is CEO and Analyst for Securosis, an information security research and advisory firm, in addition to Founder and Vice President of Product at DisruptOPS, a cloud environment monitoring platform. Prior to founding Securosis, he was Research Vice President for Gartner’s security team where he also served as Research Co-Chair for the Gartner Security Summit. Additionally,Rich has served as an independent consultant, web application developer, software development manager, and a systems and network administrator.
- Cloud Security
- Application Security
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
Achievements & Contributions
- Primary Author of the Cloud Security Alliance Security Guidance for Critical Areas of Focus in Cloud Computing
- Principle course designer for the Cloud Security Alliance CCSK training
- Security Editor of the online media platform, TidBITS
- Published writer in Dark Reading, Information Security Magazine, and Macworld
- Presenter at information security conferences such as RSA and DEF CON
- Paramedic First Responder for US Department of Health and Human Services
Certifications & Credentials
- BA, History –University of Colorado
- CISSP –(ISC)2
Hobbies & Fun Facts
In his free time, Rich enjoys cycling and most outdoor sports capable of causing serious bodily injury. He is also a member of the 501st Legion (a Star Wars charity group).